Música en INGLES recomendada para el Viernes Santo

Un foro dirigido a quienes se dedica al ministerio de la música y del arte sagrado. Un espacio para entrar en contacto y canalizar dudas, inquietudes e iniciativas, con respecto a tan hermosa vocación que, gracias a Dios muchos han recibido, de evangelizar al mundo a través del arte

Moderadores: Catholic.net, pablopira, martín, Moderadores Animadores

Música en INGLES recomendada para el Viernes Santo

Notapor Edvex-pedia » Mar Abr 19, 2011 1:34 pm

"Alas! and Did My Savior Bleed," words: Isaac Watts (1707); music: "Martyrdom" (without the refrain), Hugh Wilson (1800); with the refrain "At the Cross ... where I first saw the light," Ralph E. Hudson (1885).

"At Calvary" ("Years I spent in vanity and pride..."), words: William R. Newell (1895), music: Daniel B. Towner (1895)

"And Can It Be that I Should Gain?" words: Charles Wesley (1738), Music: "Sagina," Thomas Campbell (1825)

"Are You Washed in the Blood?" words and music: Elisha A. Hoffman (1878)

"Beneath the Cross of Jesus," words: Elizabeth C. Celphane (1868), music: "St. Christopher," Frederick C. Maker (1881)

"Blessed Redeemer" ("Up Calvary's mountain..."), words: Avis m. Christiansen (1920), music: Harry D. Loes

"Calvary Covers It All," Words and Music by Mrs. Walter G. Taylor (� 1934, renewed 1962, The Rodeheaver Co.)

"Come to Calvary's Holy Mountain," words: James Montgomery (1819), music: "Consolation," Ludvig M. Lindeman (1871)

"Come Ye Sinners, Poor and Needy," words: Joseph Hart (1759), music: "Restoration," William Walker (1835)

"Down at the Cross" ("Glory to His Name"), words: Elisha A. Hoffman (1878), music: John H. Stockton (1878)

"Go to Dark Gethsemane," words: James Montgomery (1820), music: "Redhead," Richard Redhead (1853)

"Hallelujah! What a Savior," words and music: Philip P. Bliss (1875)

"I Know a Fount," words and music by Oliver Cooke (20th century)

"I Saw One Hanging on a Tree," words: John Newton (1779), music: Edwin O. Excell (1917)

"I Stand Amazed in the Presence of Jesus the Nazarene," words and music by Charles H. Gabriel (1905)

"In the Cross of Christ I Glory," words: John Bowring (1825), music: Ithamar D. Conkey (1849)

"In the Hour of Trial," words: James Montgomery (1834), music: "Penitence," Spencer Lane (1874)

"Jesus Walked this Lonesome Valley," words and music: African-American spiritual

"Jesus Paid It All" ("I heard the Savior say..."), words: Elivina M. Hall (1865), music: John T. Grape

"Jesus, Priceless Treasure," words: Johann Frank (1653), translated from German by Catherine Winkworth (1863), music: "Jesu Meine Fruede," Johann Sebastian Bach (1723)

"Jesus, the Son of God" ("Do you know Jesus...," "O sweet wonder ..."), words and music: Garfield T. Haywood (c. 1914)

"Jesus, Thy Blood and Righteousness," words: Nikolaus L. von Zinzendorf (1739), translated from German by John Wesley (1740), music: "Germany," William Gardiner (1815)

"Just As I Am," words: Charlotte Elliott, music: William Batchelder Bradbury

"Lead Me to Calvary" ("Lest I forget Gethsemane..."), words: Jennie E. Hussey, music: William J. Kirkpatrick

"Nothing but the Blood" ("What can wash away my sin?...), words and music: Robert Lowry (1876)

"O Sacred Head Now Wounded," words: attributed to St. Bernard of Clairvaux (1153), translated from Latin by James W. Alexander (1830), music: "Passion Chorale," Hans L. Hassler (1601), harmony by Johann Sebastian Bach (1729)

"Rock of Ages, Cleft for Me," words: Augustus M. Toplady (1776), music: "Toplady," Thomas Hastings (1830)

"Savior, Thy Dying Love," words: Sylvanus D. Phelps (1862), music: "Something for Jesus," Robert Lowry (1871)

"The Old Rugged Cross" ("On a hill far away..."), words and music: George Bennard (1913)

"There Is a Green Hill Far Away," words: Cecil F. Alexander (1847), music: "Green Hill," Georg C. Stebbins

"There Is a Fountain Filled with Blood," words: William Cowper (1772), music: "Cleansing Fountain," 19th century American camp meeting tune

"'Tis Midnight, and on Olive's Brow," words: William B. Tappan, music: "Olive's Brow," William B. Bradbury (1853)

"Where You There?" words and music: African-American spiritual

"What Wondrous Love Is This?" words: attributed to Alexander Means, music: William Walker (1835)

"When I Survey the Wondrous Cross," words: Isaac Watts (1707), music: "Hamburg," Lowell Mason (1824)

"Wounded for Me," words: William G. J. Ovens (1869-1945) and Gladys Westcott Roberts, music: William G. J. Ovens

"Amazing Love, O What Sacrifice," words and music by Graham Kendrick (� 1989, Make Way Music)

"Behold the Lamb," words and music: Dottie Rambo (� 1979, John T. Benson Publishing)

"Blessed Are the Broken," words and music by David Baroni (� 1994, Integrity's Praise! Music)

"Calvary" ("Jesus, I remember the cross"), words and music: Mike Nikkerud (� 2007, Planet Shakers Ministries)

"Crown of Thorns," words and music by Rick Stokes (� 1995, Rick Stokes)

"Forever My Love" ("The Nails in Your Hands"), words and music: Richard Cimino (� 1995, Richard Cimino)

"Fraction Anthem" ("Your body was broken for us..."), words and music: Mark DiChristina (� 2005, Mercy / Vineyard Publishing)

"God So Loved" (Worthy Is the Lamb That Was Slain"), words and music: Reuben Morgan (� 2000, Hillsong Publishing)

"Hail, Hail, the Lamb of God," words and music: John Barnett (� 1997, Mercy / Vineyard Publishing)

"Highly Exalted," words and music: Paul Baloche and Robin Mark (� 2007, Integrity's Hosanna! Music)

"Holy Lamb of God," words and music: Gary Sadler and Steven V. Taylor (� 2000, Integrity's Hosanna! Music)

"I Believe in a Hill Called Mount Calvary," words: Doug Oldham, Gloria Gaither, William J. Gaither, music: William J. Gaither (� 1968, William J. Gaither)

"Lamb of God," words and music: Twila Paris (� 1985, Straightway Music, Mountain Spring Music)

"Perfect Lamb of God," words and music: Adam Sacks (� 2004, Sovereign Grace Worship)

"Sweetly Broken" ("At the cross You beckon me..."), words and music: Jeremy Riddle (� Mercy / Vineyard Publishing)

"Ten Thousand Angels" ("He could have called..."), words and music: Ray Overholt (� 1959, renewed 1987, Lillenas Publishing Co.)

"The Blood Will Never Lose It's Power," words and music: Andra� Crouch (� 1966, Manna Music, Inc.)

"The Power of the Cross," words and music: Keith Getty and Stuart Townend (� 2005, Thankyou Music)

"This Is Love" ("I bow down to the Holy One..."), words and music by Mike Young and Terry Butler (� 1998, Mercy / Vineyard Publishing)

"This Man," words and music: Jeremy Camp (� 2004, Thirsty Moon River Publishing)

"The Wonders of His Hands," words and music: Geron Davis (� 1996, Integrity's Hosanna! Music)

"Unfailing Love," words and music: Jonathan Stockstill (� 2006, Integrity's Praise! Music)

"Via Dolorosa, Down the," words and music: Billy Luz Sprague and Niles Borop (� 1983, Meadowgreen Music Co.)

"Why?" words and music by Michael Card (� 1984, Mole End Music)

"Worthy the Lamb," words: Gloria and William J. Gaither, music: William J. Gaither (� 1974, William J. Gaither)
Imagen
Para mi hay un daño igual en ambas herejías, tanto cuando los hombres degradan a la Virgen y cuando, por el contrario, la glorifican más allá de lo que es propio.
Edvex-pedia

Volver a Arte y Música Católica - Santa Cecilia